Saturday 11 November 2017

Plaid and Snowflake ....

.... It's been another really cold day here in Northville, so I decided to spend the day indoors and play in my craft room. This morning I organising my Gina K ink pads - I used Jennifer McGuire's tip of labelling each side of the pad so that I can always see the name of the ink. At the moment they are all stored in a box, but I'm going to get a new ink pad holder from Stamp 'n' Storage soon.

This afternoon I decided to make a card for this week's Merry Monday challenge - MM#264, where the team want us to use Red and Kraft on our Christmas card:

Believe - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Concord & 9th - Plaid Background; Uniko - Most Wonderful, Stunning Snowflakes, Festive Sentiments
Inks: Gina K - Kraft, Cherry Red; Versamark
Dies: Uniko - Snowflake Trio
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gina K Card - Kraft; White Embossing Powder; Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder; Gem


I cut a piece of kraft card onto which I stamped the large plaid in kraft ink and added a thin stripe in dark red. I had a spare die cut snowflake left on my desk from my Uniko session yesterday. I covered it in Versmark and heat embossed it with white powder. I repeated this three times to give a lovely enamel type finish and then added a final coat of iridescent powder for a subtle sparkle. I stamped the sentiment directly on the panel and heat embossed it with white powder. I attached the snowflake with dimensional pads. I finished the front with a bold red gem in the centre of the snowflake. On the inside, I cut a mat panel of kraft card and on the white panel added a Christmas greeting and some more snowflakes.

Believe inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBelieve sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for today. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to see my Uniko revisit and thanks for all the lovely comments, they are much appreciated. See you tomorrow!

signature

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous finish on that snowflake, Deborah! Perfect on the plaid! So glad you could play along with us at Merry Monday!!

Linda said...

Love that pretty plaid paper behind that beautiful snowflake. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, the CAS design is perfect. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Awesome card !! I love the big bold snowflake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...