Thursday 2 November 2017

Layering stamps ....

..... Hi, good afternoon! Today is simply flying by. I've been busy tidying in my craft room - seem to be doing that a lot at the moment!! However, I did find time to play with some of my new stamps from Altenew. I've made a very clean, simple sympathy card:

Thinking of You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Altenew - Majestic Mistletoe, Heartfelt Sentiments
Inks: Gina K - Black Onyx, Christmas Pine, Fresh Asparagus, Jelly Bean Green, Applemint, Lemon Drop
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gina K Card - Fresh Asparagus


I'm submitting this card to Less is More - LIM#352 where they want to see Stamp Layering, and also to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#181 where the theme is Sympathy/Thinking of You/Remembrance. I need a few more sympathy cards for my stash and I always find it easier to make them in advance of actually needing them!

This is about as easy as it gets. I started by stamping the sentiment in black. Next, I built up the layers of this lovely mistletoe branch - so easy in my MISTI. Actually, it would be easy even without the MISTI, the stamps are so easy to line up. I used several shades of green to make the leaves and the berries are made from lemon, pale green, and black. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of dark green card and stamped another branch and greeting on the white panel.

Thinking of You sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThinking of You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now.

signature

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fab entry for the LIM challenge this week and great colours too

Kathyk

Trina P. said...

Sweet CAS card stamped in beautiful shades of green. Wonderful how you stretched your Christmas stamp and made a sympathy card. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Susan said...

Just perfectly CAS. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Superb sympathy cards Deborah. The peaceful greens have such a calming effect and the layout is beautiful. Thank you so much for popping these in to us at Less is More xx

Julie B said...

Super sympathy card Deborah, I agree this type of card is always easier when you don't need to make one in a rush.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Sian said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is fabulous! I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

Cazro said...

Beautiful, clean, crisp and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I don't know why I missed this post, but had to let you know I think their so beautiful and wonderfully CAS.
Faith
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...