Tuesday 11 July 2017

Uniko - Revisit and Blog Hop ....

.... Hello! It's been a while since I posted anything, but I've a good excuse - I've been away on holiday. I'm now trying to get back into my routine and I'm here this morning with my card for the Uniko Revisit and DT Blog Hop. We are revisiting the Marvellous Mehndi which contains a wonderful mandala style image and a selection of super paisley stamps. While we were in Minnesota, Jonathan and I visited Paisley Park, Prince's home and studio. It was truly a fabulous experience. When I got married I walked down the aisle to Prince's song, The Most Beautiful Girl in the World (see video at the end of this post), so you can see where I got the inspiration for this card:

Beautiful - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Marvellous Mehndi, All Occasion Sentiments #6, Originally Organic
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Concord Crush
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Concord Crush; White Embossing Powder; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Gems


I made the card base from some of my precious purple textured card (now discontinued). I dusted it with an anti-static buddy, put it in my MISTI and arranged the stamps until I got a layout that I liked. I inked up with Versamark and stamped the images a couple of times to make sure that it covered the textured card properly. I heated embossed the pattern with white powder. I wanted to keep the card really simple, but you have to have glitter, so I used my clear Spectrum Noir brush to add touches of glitter to the paisley patterns. I finished the front by added a few gems. On the inside I cut a panel of white card and stamped the large mandala image off to the side and added a greeting.

Beautiful inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBeautiful sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Less is More - LIM#336 & 337 where the team want us to use a coloured card background and make a one layer card - done! LIM is teaming up with AAA Cards - AAA#94 this week, so I'm playing along with them too.

While I had these stamps on my MISTI I decided to make another card - this time I went for a monochromatic pink theme - taking my colours from the challenge at The Paper Players - PP#352. Apart from the addition of a mat layer of pink card on the inside, this one is much the same. Using the clear glitter pen on this one caused the ink to move on the paisley patterns - I rather like this soft, sparkly colour.




Beautiful 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

And here's the inside of the card:

Beautiful 2 inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBeautiful 2 sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Now, don't forget to visit the rest of the team and follow along the Blog Hop. We have a prize for one lucky winner. To be eligible to win, you must comment along the Blog Hop (we all love to get some comments) by midnight Tuesday 18th July. The prize is the stamp set Marvellous Mehndi or, if you've already got the set, an eGift Certificate to the same value. Winners will be announced on the Uniko blog on Wednesday 19th July. Now here's the Blog Hop list:

Deborah (that's me!)

Let me know which is your favourite card? Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'll be back again soon. Before I go here's that song - The Most Beautiful Girl in the World by Prince:



signature

35 comments:

Jane said...

Fab cards Deborah. Love how you've used the smaller stamps on the front and the large mandela on the inside. Super idea.

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards.

Jane said...

Thought you might be linking this one up to AAA Cards. Thanks for playing along. :)

Beverley said...

Beautiful cards, love the colour choices and composition of the stamps. A wonderful and elegant showcase of this set. Thanks & Hugs Bev x

StirYourCreativity said...

It's a great color combo and a stunning design.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wow, your CAS cards are just gorgeous. LOVE the first card as the white images just leap off the the page:)

MortiCraft said...

I really like this stamp set and I think the inside of your cards would make just as lovely an outside!! x

Trina P. said...

All beautiful cards. Great designs for both. Love the 2 different colours. Thank you for joining us at Less is More in collaboration with AAA Cards.

Maryam said...

Both are wonderful... love the first one motel

Suman Pandit said...

lovely creations , the purple one is superb !!
https://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Becca Yahrling said...

Love your beautiful CAS cards. This set is a must have.

Lorna C said...

Beautiful cards, love the design you used!

Darnell said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Deborah! You rocked the challenges with these designs both outside and inside!! Hugs, Darnell

Lindsey said...

Great inspiration from Prince! Love all the references to purple, paisley and beautiful! Fabulous x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such BEAUTIFUL cards, very creative too.
Thanks for the memory music
Faith
x

Kathyk said...

Sensational makes, particularly the one with the aubergine card base

Kathyk

Cheryl said...

Striking cards Deborah! As soon as you mentioned Prince I thought of Purple Rain (and purple cards) :) Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! I love the designs embossed in white on the dark background!

Jan Clothier said...

I do like the way your paisley patterns float like feathers on the page. The blended colours on the inside are awesome. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players for LeAnne's colour challenge.

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW, Deborah ! Love your cards, both of them are really eye catching ! I also love this stamp set and your CAS design magnificently highlights it ! A splendid take on our challenge ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Quillish said...

Lovely cards.. those small stamps look so pretty on the CAS card.. they also give a look of flourishes next to the sentiment! I will also use stamps inside now.. very creative way to make the inside pretty too!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 fantastic takes using this set Deborah and love how you've teamed the little paisley images with that bold and beautiful sentiment. I'm thrilled to see you've played along in our challenge combo at Less is More and AAA Cards this week. Your purple card base is just yummy, rich and opulent. thanks so much. x

Julye said...

How different your 2 cards look really goes to show what you can achieve with one stamp love them thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Such a pretty design! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

cm said...

Gorgeous cards, Deborah - and you've showcased wonderfully the set's versatility! The first, on your precious purple background, sees me swooning!
~carol

LeAnne said...

Such a beautiful design...so simple but so pretty! Love the paisley with these colors!! Thanks for playing with them this week!

Tina Z. said...

great design, I love the colours!

stampwithsandy said...

Two gorgeous cards, Deborah! I love the paisley print and it works great on a one layer card. So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players!

Mary Holshouser said...

I think the pinks is my favorite card.
Love the different shades in the design.
The purple is more elegant and refined.
Both are fantastic.
thanks for sharing.

cghundley said...

Beautiful designs.
All your cards are
so pretty and these
stamps are gorgeous.
Carla from Utah

AndreaH said...

Just love these cards. The bottom one in Berry colours is my favourite though as I only normally see these in dark colours with a hint of colour or sparkle. TFS your talent too. X.

Craftychris said...

Both colourways are beautiful! I love Paisley pattern and the road I live on is Paisley Road too! xxx

Arianna Barbara said...

Both your cards are beautiful!!! Love them!!!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Perfectly marvelous cards Deborah! The designs are elegant and really sophisticated with a great choice of colour schemes. Loving the dark card base as it is really dramatic and eye-catching. Thanks so much for popping that one in at Less is More xx

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful embossing on the textured cardstock. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...