Saturday 23 August 2014

WMSFC - Sketch ...

...  Hello again!  I'm back with my last scheduled post - we'll be getting home this evening.  It's time for our new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics.  For the next couple of weeks Tara and I would to see your creations based on our sketch; you are free to rotate/flip the sketch, but we must be able to see it in your work.  You MUST use at least one Waltzingmouse image, sentiment or digi on your project.  Here's my take:

The Places - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Tying the Knot, Ocean Bound
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Check In; SU Punch - Circle 1"


My first thought was flowers, but going through my stash of design papers, I came across this lovely map and that led me in a totally different direction.  I cut the paper to cover the card base.  I cut a piece of white card to for the diagonal, stamped the ropes and fussy cut the loops.  Next I stamped the sentiment.  I stamped the large ship's wheel in dark teal, fussy cut it out and adhered it with dimensional tape.  The two little wheels were punched out using a circle punch and attached with tape.  The inside is blank for my message.

Don't forget to visit Tara to see what she's made with our sketch.  You have until Thursday 4th September, 5.00pm BST (Noon EDT) to play along with us.  Don't forget you must use at least one Waltzingmouse image, sentiment or digi.  Have fun!!!  See you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Pia S said...

I love nautical themed cards, and in love the layout, choice of sentiment and the use of map paper for this car. It's the type of design that works for any person, man or woman, from teenager to adult age!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is fabulous, Deborah. I love the nautical theme, and your patterned map paper is so perfect for this creation. Sail on. Awesome job.

Kate said...

Great Inspirational nautical card Deb. Love the sketch, hope to play along soon

Julia Aston said...

Love the stamps you used for your card Deborah - super colors - love the cut out rope strip - and it's a great sketch!

Claire said...

Perfect background paper for those stamps Deborah - I've just put my order in today for this set! Great colours you've used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...