Saturday 16 August 2014

52CCT - Theme ....

....  Hello again!  It's time for our new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card ThrowdownGill's theme this week is "Mistletoe and Wine".   Here's my take on the challenge:

Christmas Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Seasonal Remedies, Festive Foliage
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Bravo Burgundy, Certainly Celery
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Bravo Burgundy, Certainly Celery; SU DP - Certainly Celery

I knew exactly which stamps I was going to use for this card - I adore the mistletoe stamp, so pretty.  However, I did have a few issues with the wine bit of the theme; I couldn't think how to incorporate a drink!!  Then I realised I had the perfect colour of card (sadly now discontinued) for wine and I made the base from Bravo Burgundy.  I decided to make the sentiment the main focus as it has a sort of drinks theme, stamped it in burgundy and cut it out with the stitched die.  I layered it on some burgundy card and trimmed to have a narrow border.  I stamped the mistletoe randomly on white card which I layered onto some design paper and attached the whole panel to the card base.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and stamped a greeting and some more mistletoe on the white panel.

Christmas Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborahs' Gems

Check out our blog for more inspiration cards from the team.  Have fun playing with our Mistletoe & Wine theme - can't wait to see what you make!  Bye for now.


signature

11 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

You did a fabulous job with this card and theme Deborah. I love that mistletoe stamp - especially the way you made it the background pattern. Hugs D

Ruth M said...

Absolutely gorgeous Deborah, the mistletoe image is so pretty and how you made that fab sentiment label the main focal point is perfect! I absolutely love the layered stamping inside too!
Have a great weekend! Ruth x

G Peplow said...

Wonderful card Deborah, love the sentiment stamp and the mistletoe background, you've brought them together beautifully :D x

Mynn xx said...

This is totally fab, Deb! LOVE that mistletoe stamp--it's beautiful! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Deepti said...

This looks awesome :) I love the subtle colors :)

Jacqueline said...

Fabulous stamping Deborah - what a gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

This is simply perfect Deborah. From your choice of colours, to your choice of stamps, and all beautifully stamped and put together. The inside is just as wonderful as the outside - you have really inspired me to up my game.
Thank you for your fabulous interpretation of the challenge. Hugs, Gill xx

Fabiola said...

quel chic, cela me rappel les étiquettes de parfum...très chic et vintage, biz

laurie said...

Great card...I loved bravo burgandy...such a sharp color!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous stamping Deborah, love the festive colours and images!

Patricia H. said...

Great job with the theme - your images and color scheme are perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...